Monday 7 May 2012

8. Real and implied triangles



Real triangles


1. Triangular subject




A strong reflection in the evening sun enhances the triangular shape of the bushes.


2. Triangle by perspective, apex at top




A fish-eye lens enhanced the perspective in this evening shot of a road, heading off into the distance under a very striking sky.


3. Inverted triangle by perspective




This was shot at the same time as my previous image of the statues at St Pancras; it isn't simply a crop of the previous shot. I did go lower, with a wide-angle lens and only shot the legs, which make a stronger graphical image than the whole statue. It also enhanced the perspective in the roof but, again, I wish they had put the olympic rings elsewhere.


Implied




1. Triangle in still life, apex at top










2. Inverted triangle in still life




These two images of pebbles in the sand are 'found' rather than 'constructed' still lives, but I doubt if I could have done better in my 'studio'. I particularly like the enhancement from the indentations in the sand and the shadows. There are strong senses of movement in the images, inevitably; the first away from the photographer and the second towards. The second, therefore, I feel has more impact.




3. Group picture with subjects forming a triangle




The triangularity of the composition is emphasised by the sun through the trees catching the girl's face and the noses and tongues of the collies.

No comments:

Post a Comment